Resilience is the ability to thrive, personally and professionally, even during times of high pressure, rapid change and adversity. Fortunately, resilience is not a fixed characteristic (like personality), it’s something you can learn and strengthen over time. Thrive offers a comprehensive resilience training programme supported by psychometric profiling, one-to-one coaching and skills-based workshops.
We’re now in our 8th successful year of resilience training!
“The course was excellent. The facilitator clearly had a passion for the subject that was infectious”. UK Border Agency
Our Resilience Programme
Our resilience programme is structured around the Seven Elements of Resilience (left) and supported by a new psychometric tool: The Resilience Quotient Inventory (RQi)™.
Based on over 4 years of research, the RQi™ provides a rapid and accurate measure of resilience for individuals and teams.
The RQi™ is used as a key element of our resilience programmes alongside skills-based workshops, one-to-one coaching (with qualified practitioners), team resilience programmes and on-line learning.
Physiological stress monitoring
We also offer physiological stress monitoring (e.g. 72 hr heart rate variability and cortisol profiling) as part of a comprehensive programme for executives. We believe this is the most robust and objective support package available anywhere in the world. Download details of our full resilience programme here (it’s a large file so may take a few moments).
Resilience Training Courses
We offer five one day training courses:
- Building Personal Resilience
- Unleash your Strengths
- Building Positive Relationships
- Resilience for Managers
- Introduction to Mindfulness
The learning objectives for each of these modules are listed below.
Module 1: Building Personal Resilience
- Explain what resilience means and the benefits it can bring personally and professionally
- Identify your own stress indicators and use relaxation techniques to minimise its impact
- Solve problems creatively, even when under pressure, using the 7-Step Problem Solving Technique (or PRACTICE approach)
- Explain the link between events, thoughts and emotions
- Manage stressful thoughts and emotions by practicing re-framing and positive self-talk
- Describe the beliefs of resilient people, including optimism, self-confidence and personal control
- Apply techniques for improving your mood by changing your physiology
Module 2: Unleash Your Strengths
- Describe the evidence and principles that underpin a strengths-based approach to personal development
- Use different approaches to identify your core strengths, including the values in Action (VIA) survey
- Describe the benefits of applying your strengths for you, your team and your organisation
- Explain how building on strengths can significantly boost performance, self-confidence and resilience
- Recognise your strengths in overdrive and how to work around your weaker areas
- Identify new ways and situations to apply your strengths inside and outside of work
Module 3: Building Positive Relationships
- Apply a range of skills for building positive relationships, including: Active listening; rapid rapport building; powerful questioning; authentic compassion, ‘tough empathy’ and constructive responding
- Apply techniques for managing conflict
- Know when and how to forgive
- Give constructive feedback
- Explain the concept of personality traits and explore your profile using the ‘Big Five’ personality model
- Adapt your communication style when working with different personalities
Module 4: Resilience for Managers
- Describe what resilience means and the benefits it brings both personally and professionally
- Explain the concept of employee engagement and how engagement links to wellbeing and performance
- Apply the Health and Safety (HSE) Management Standards to own team
- Complete a gap-analysis with the HSE Management Standards
- Identify opportunities for building greater resilience
- Use the TGROW model and goal-setting techniques to build greater resilience in teams
Module 5: An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Describe the principles and practice of Mindfulness
- Apply simple meditation techniques to stay in touch with the present moment and get less caught-up in negative thought patterns
- Use meditation and simple mindfulness techniques to boost your resilience to stress
- Develop your own mindfulness practice for feelings of calm and contentedness